Sonntag, 25. Januar 2009

War camp at UBC




On Saturday, I took a walk around the UBC campus during the break of my course and suddenly, I stood in front of a frightening war camp that had been erected around the Buchanan Tower: Concrete walls, barbwire, watchtowers with floodlights, crude warning signs: "HALT! Warning! Restricted area - Use of deadly force!" My first thought was that this was an anti-war installation and for that, it would have been a pretty good setup.

However, it came out that it was "just" a film set and two production assistants informed me that they had to re-shoot some scenes from forthcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Wolverine is a super-hero with the special power of extreme growth of hair and fold-out scissors like Edward Scissorhand). Well, I'm a fan of the X-Men series, so it was still pretty cool to watch and I'm looking forward to the release of the movie.

Keine Kommentare: